“How do I start my own home-based service business?” “What shall we do to start our home-based service business?”
These are the questions asked by my readers in response to my previous post titled “Start Your Home-based Service Business Now And Make Money”
There are considerations before starting any type of business, including a home-based service business. These include the basics, such as:
1. Analyze the demand for service in your community or city as it matches your talent, skills, and marketable know-how. If you want to venture into online, scan the demand of your target customers on the Net.
2. Set up a separate work space at home. This could be as simple as using a spare bedroom or den with a door to keep your work separate. If you rely on the telephone, a separate phone line can be added. When a workshop is needed, consider using a garage or purchasing a large outbuilding.
3). Use on and offline marketing methods to find clients. This includes: viral marketing, newspaper and Yellow Pages ads, flyers and direct mailings, email marketing, article marketing, setting up a website, etc.
4). Create a schedule to divide time between work and family. Balancing both is hard. Scheduling time and sticking to it means more gets done and no one is slighted.
What type of home-based service business that you are going to establish? Again, it depends on the demand of your target customers. Find a need and fill it.
Below are some of the home-business ideas which you can implement, depending on the demand in the community, town or city needing the kinds of services vis-à-vis your aptitude, training, and skills.
1. Information broker/researcher
2. Financial planner
4. Niche online retailer/eBay seller
6. Bed-and-Breakfast proprietor
8. Computer specialist
10. Interior decorator
12. Sewing and alterations
13. Candle making
14. Cutflower selling
15. Transcription services
17. Niche newsletter
18. Herb farming
19. Party planner
Once you have started your home-based service business, it is important that you give it your dedication and commitment to make it grow, expand, and be profitable.
Therefore it must be a kind of business that you enjoy doing so that it will be fun and sustainable, following the revered and famous Chinese philosopher Confucius’ dictum:
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
This is a guest post from Eli of Business Sphere Consulting. Eli is a Platinum Expert Author at EzineArticles.com. Visit his blog for free advice on business and entrepreneurship.
Image Credit: http://www.sxc.hu